Sunday, 6 September 2026

If an English Scholar and a layman meet…

 


Scholar: What’s up? (What is happening?)

Layman: The tree! 😳

Scholar: You're pulling my leg!

(You're joking with me!)

Layman: No! I never touched your leg. You’re lying.

Scholar: Ok. Ok. Keep your shirt on!

(Stay calm; don’t get angry.)

Layman: I’m not taking my shirt off. Are you mad? 

Scholar: Don’t you know any idiom? Use your head. (Think carefully.)

Layman: Yes I’m using my head. Not an idiot as you said.

Scholar: You’re a tough nut to crack!

(You’re difficult to understand or convince.)

Layman: I am NOT a nut! And please don’t crack me! 

Scholar: Hold your horses!

(Wait / calm down!)

Layman: Stupid! I don’t really have any horses! 🐴

 Scholar: Oh My God! Why don’t you understand any idiom. It’s just a piece of cake. (Easy to understand).

Layman: I love cake. But just one piece? No problem. Let me adjust. By the by, Where is the cake you are talking about?

Scholar: Look here. First lend me your ears. (Listen to me.)

Layman: No, I can’t. I need both. 

Scholar: You’re driving me up the wall!

(You’re making me extremely annoyed.)

Layman: No wall here. I'm sure. You are mad.

Scholar: Now, I had to bite the bullet (force myself to face a difficult situation)

Layman: No. Don’t do it. Your brain is likely to blast. 

Scholar: Oh My God. I'm really under the weather (feeling sick).

Layman: Yes. Above us, it’s so cloudy now. 

Scholar: Oh..You are making me run around like a headless chicken (acting in a hyperactive, disorganized way)

Layman: I only saved your head from biting the bullets. Now you say, you are a headless chicken and I’m the reason. Again you are lying.

Scholar: See, pipe down(stop talking).

Layman. See, no pipe is down here. You can’t make me a fool.

Scholar: Please, give me some space.( stop bothering me) 

Layman: Already, there is two feet 3 feet distance between us. 

Scholar: Go jump in a lake.(Go away) 

Layman: Come on. Why can’t we both enjoy swimming there?

(Scholar started running away from the scene)



No comments:

Post a Comment