Wednesday 25 January 2017

Are you a chicken?

Today’s English
26.1.2017

Cow and chicken are actually not what they are.  Look at the following sentences:
1. Don’t be a chicken. Tell your love to her.
2. Nobody submitted the record note and eventually my teacher had a cow.

I hope, now, you know the meaning.  Yes.  Instead of saying “being afraid", you can use the word “chicken" and, for  “be very angry and upset or greatly disappointed and worried" , you can try the expression, “to have a cow"

Examples: (chicken)
1. I’m not a chicken. (=Not afraid of). I’ll talk to the manager.
2. He’s a chicken.(=a coward).  He won’t do that.

Instances ( cow)
1. Don’t have a cow now.(Don’t be angry and upset). Let’s deal with him later.
2. All turned a deaf ear to me. And I really had a cow. (greatly disappointed and worried)

(Henpecked husbands are always chickens, aren’t they? )

No comments:

Post a Comment