Sunday 29 January 2017

Have you ever jumped out of your skin?

Today’s English
29.1.2017

When I watched some videos shared by my friends on whatsapp, I really jumped out of my skin. If I send the same video to you, no doubt, you will have raised eyebrows.  Because it is such a video that keeps everyone’s eyes on stalks.  I’m sure, you will remain struck dumb and say “words fail me". 

I hope, you learned five phrases in English and how to use them from the aforementioned expressions.

Yes, if you are extremely surprised by something, you can say, as follows:
1.I really jumped out of my skin to see that magic.

2.What a mind blowing performance! You have raised my eyebrows.

3.When police set fire to the vehicles, all had their eyes on stalks.

4.What an enthralling speech it is! I’m really struck dumb.

5.Words fail me, I don’t know how to comment on this.

(Every day, something or other, makes us jump out of our skin. Life is a fun, isn’t it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment