Friday 27 January 2017

Do you eat junk food everyday or every day?

Today’s English
28.1.2017

Do you know, everyday and every day are different in English?
The word “everyday" is an adjective used only to describe a noun whereas “every day” is an adverb used to describe a verb.  The former means “regular, ordinary, common, day to day and normal" whereas the latter means “daily, or each day".

Examples: (everyday)
1.Nobody would attend a wedding wearing everyday clothes.
2.It’s my everyday work. Let me do it.
3.She is good at dealing with everyday problems of life.

Examples: (Every day)
1.They are meeting each other every day. (Daily)
2.Every day I spend at least 30 minutes to read a book.
3.Every day I go to gym. (Wrong: Everyday I go to gym.)

Now tell me.  Do you eat junk food everyday or every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment