Wednesday 21 June 2017

Is your wife a thorn in your flesh?

Today’s English
June 22nd, 2017

Language is to share your feelings with someone. One of the common feelings of a normal human being is hatred. You hate something when it’s not as expected by you. You detest someone for a reason. You also despise some strangers for no reason. It’s your expectation, the sister of  Miss.Desire that leads to disappointment and a feeling of aversion to something.  How to express your dislikes in English is what we are gonna deal with today.

1. I can’t stand = I don’t like

A. I can’t stand the way she behaved before me.
B. They can’t stand his dressings and manners.

2. I can’t bear = I dislike very much and I can’t accept that

A. He can’t bear speaking rubbish things before him.
B. I can’t bear his idiotic behavior.

3. Love or loathe = love or hate

A. Whether you love or loathe, you have to do it.
B. I loathe indiscipline in any form.

4. To hate somebody’s guts = to hate very much

A. He hates my guts and I don’t know how to win his favour.
B. I hate your guts. Get lost!

5. Aversion therapy = to make somebody hate a bad habit

A. Why can’t you undergo an aversion therapy for smoking?
B. The doctor suggested an aversion therapy for his addiction to drinking.

6. Feel aversion towards something= feel hatred

A. Because of homework and exams, students generally feel /develop aversion towards books and learning.
B. I felt a deep sense of aversion to him. I don’t know why.

7. Feel hostile towards something /somebody= unfriendly, aggressive and ready to fight

A. She always felt hostile towards her husband.
B. Why are you still hostile to your parents?

8. A thorn in one’s flesh = a person who annoys you or stops you from doing something

A. Shit! You are a thorn in my flesh! Get away from here.
B. Damn it! He’s a thorn in my flesh! Who let him in?

( husband : I can’t stand you talking like this.

Wife: if you can’t stand , then sit down. Anyway tell me why you sent a message to her.

Husband: I hate your guts for torturing me like this.

Wife: I have guts, my father, my mother and my whole family gotta guts. Tell me how long you play Romeo to her.

Husband: why don’t you understand me? I despise this type of nonsense.

Wife: whether you love or loathe, you gotta peel off your affair now. I can’t bear your contact with her on WhatsApp.

Husband: before marriage, you looked a beautiful rose but now a thorn in my flesh.

Wife: let it be. Get ready, we are gonna see the doctor now.

Husband: why?
Wife: for aversion therapy to throw her to hell.

Husband:………….?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment