Tuesday 13 June 2017

Who will save your bacon?

Today’s English
June 14th, 2017

The Sun, the  Earth, the air and the water help you ceaselessly with expecting anything in return. Didn’t the trees teach you help by showering fruits even when you throw stones at them? Helpers are angels in disguise who serve to make the impossible possible for you, to bring out the unavailable available for you. Help, help, help since help, more powerful and essential than a water doctor, purifies your karmas. Let’s dedicate Today’s English to helpers.

The other ways of saying “help me" and “may I help you?”

1. Can / could you do a favour for me? (= can you help me?)
Response: yes, of course/ sure. (Or) I’m sorry, I’m in a hurry.

2. Would you mind opening the window?

3. Lend me a hand to arrange these papers, please.

4. Please keep an eye on my bag till I come back.

5. Shall I carry your bag for a while?
Response: That’s very kind of you, thank you./ yes, please.(Or)
It’s all right, thank you. I can manage/do it.

6. What can I do for you? / how can I help you?

7. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

8. If you don’t mind, shall I assist you in your work?

9. Wherever you are, I will come to your aid. Don’t hesitate to call me.

10. If you are in danger, I will save your bacon.

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
- Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment