Sunday 25 June 2017

Question is the answer!

Today’s English
June 26th, 2017

There are many questions which are born with in-built answers. You ask them out of emotions not for a reply, but to persuade somebody to do something, to take your point home or to impress and move the audience to the realization of truth. These questions are effective tools for politicians, literary discourse, dramatists, and even for you if you are on the stage to earn your audience.

1. Is pope a Catholic? = No doubt, it’s absolutely true

A. Lady: Do you love me truly?
   Lover: is pope a Catholic? (=you need not doubt my true love)

B. Father: have you really got placement in TCS?
Daughter: Is pope a Catholic, dad? (=What I say is true, you need not doubt dad.)

2. Do you think that money just grows on trees? =you don’t know the value of money.

A. Boy: mummy, I want that remote car now itself.
Mother: Shut up! Do you think that money just grows on trees?

B. Girl 1: What about shopping in Brookfield today once again?
Girl 2: What? Do you think that money just grows on trees?

3. Have you ever seen the pigs fly? = I don’t think that it will ever happen

A. Friend 1: Will he propose his love to Julie?
Friend 2: Are you kidding me? Have you ever seen the pigs fly?

B. Staff 1 : Will he come earlier at least today?
Staff 2: Have you ever seen the pigs fly?

4. Other common rhetorical questions:

A. Teacher: How will you get through all your papers if you study like this? Don’t you have any sense? Is your father a millionaire? When are you going to turn into a new leaf?  Do you want me to repeat it again and again?

B. Politician: Do you still want to vote for them? What have they done in these five years except filling up their own treasury? Have you seen any department without corruption? Can you show anyone against whom there is no case?

C. Father to son: Do you think I don’t know where you went? How long have you been cheating me? Why do you behave like this? Don’t you have any dream in your life? Do you think I’m a fool?

Just for fun!
( Girl: can’t you give me any gift even on my birthday, at least an Apple iPhone?

Boy: Stupid! Do you think money just grows on trees?

Girl: then, don’t you love me truly?

Boy: is Pope not a Catholic?

Girl: Nonsense. Why do you talk about pope now?  is this your final answer?

Boy: Do you think I will not gift you iPhone after marriage?

Girl: Who said that we are going to marry?

Boy: What do you mean?

Girl: Have you ever seen the pigs fly?

Boy:………?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment