Tuesday 28 March 2017

Can you eat someone alive?

Today’s English
March 29th, 2017

Don’t think that I’m going to talk about a cannibal- one who eats human flesh.  We often have some assignments or works from our higher officials or elders in the family. Imagine that they are not lenient, and we don’t complete the work before deadline, what will happen? They will eat us alive (strongly criticize us boiling with anger).

1. Let me first finish this e-attendance work, otherwise my HOD will eat me alive.
2. Yesterday he ate me alive since I didn’t attend the meeting.
3. Why are you eating me alive sir? The time given by you is not sufficient. What can I do?

If you are annoyed by someone or something (it often happens), or at least bored or frustrated with something or somebody, there is a beautiful expression in English – “cheesed off" that you can try.

1. Shit! I’m completely cheesed off by this kind of repeated call.
2. How do you feel with the new manager? Completely cheesed off.
3. I’m often cheesed off with his irresponsible answer.

Just for fun!
( Manager: If you don’t submit the report before evening, I will eat you alive.
Lady assistant : ok sir. If it’s your wish, I’m happy about that.
Manager: ………..?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment