Saturday 15 July 2017

Every rose has its thorn, isn't it?

Today’s English
July 16, 2017

1.Under the weather = be ill/ feel sick

A.I’m feeling under the weather. Please leave me alone. (=I’m not feeling well)
B.She is under the weather and she can’t come with you out today.

2.Over the moon = to be pleased/ to be extremely happy

A.It seems, you are over the moon with your new car.(=you are so happy)
B.Everything that keeps you over the moon, pulls you down to the earth soon.

3.Till the cows come home = for a very long time

A.Nothing is going to happen, though we sit here and discuss the matter like this till the cows come home.
B.You may wait here for him till the cows come home, but he will never turn up.

4.Every rose has its thorn = all good things have a negative side, every cowboy sings a sad song

A.Getting a govt job is, no doubt, getting a rose but don’t you know, every rose has its thorn.
B.She is beautiful but merciless just as every rose has its thorn.

5.Every cloud has a silver lining = all bad things have a positive side, every unpleasant thing has an advantage, every night has its dawn.

A.Don’t worry about the present situation.  Every cloud has a silver lining.
B.Don’t forget that every night has its dawn. I’m sure, all your worries will be gone soon.

Master : why don’t you come yesterday?

Disciple: I was under the weather.

Master: How do you feel now?

Disciple: To be with you is to be over the moon, Master.

Master:  Any question, today?

Disciple: I’m growing sick of this material life that promises me heaven but throws me into hell.

Master: Every rose has its thorn. Don’t desire or hate the rose but go beyond it.

Disciple: I don’t know when I will come Home. It seems, I won’t attain moksha in this birth.

Master: Wait with same appetite. Every night has its dawn.

Disciple: How long should I wait, Master?

Master: for some, it is the next moment but, for many people, they have to wait till the cows come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment