Monday 4 September 2017

Fifteen ways to talk about insult

Today’s English
September 4th, 2017
You insult a person by being disrespectful to them, by scolding them in public,  by not obeying their words and by speaking ill of them to others.  You also feel insulted when you are looked down by someone and not being recognised in the presence of others.
Top fifteen ways of expressing feelings of insult in English:
1. Why do you insult my intelligence? (=why do you treat me as if I’m stupid?”)
2. She’ll be offended if we don’t go to her party
3. Why are you so rude to me?
4. You can see neanderthal parents everywhere at Indian homes.
5. His statement to the press was an affront to many politicians.
6. Why do you call his names? (Why do you use insulting words about him?)
7. I didn’t expect him to throw mud at me.
8. I will teach you a lesson for defaming me in public.
9. The programme showed him in a bad light.
10. You have hurt her feelings. Please ask your apology.
11. I’ve never been humiliated by anyone like this.
12. She was deeply wounded by his remarks.
13. Why did you turn your back on the manager?
14. She took it as a slander on her reputation.
15. I was so angry with him and gave him a mouthful.
“Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world...if you do so, you are insulting yourself.”
- Bill Gates


No comments:

Post a Comment