Friday 29 September 2017

How to scold in English?

Today's English
September 29th, 2017

Life is such a bullshit sometimes that we need words to express our vexation, rage,  annoyance and irritation. Here are some ways to find an outlet while you are boiling:
1. Shit – used to show your anger or annoyance
A. Shit! He escaped!
B. Shit! I’ve left my purse at home!

2. Damn / dammit / damn it – a swear word to show your annoyance
A. Damn it! Who called him here?
B. Oh Damn! Why don’t you understand me?

3. Hell – used to show your anger
A. What the hell are you doing here?
B. Sorry da, I couldn't bring the book you asked for. Go to hell!

4. Bitch – to bitch(to complain), somebody’s bitch (somebody’s servant)
A. Shut up! Stop your bitching!
B. You are my bitch, aren’t you?

5. Nonsense/stupid – to show that something  has no meaning
A. What nonsense are you talking?
B. Nonsense! Get away from here.
C. How stupid you are!

“I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit.”
- Mel Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment