Wednesday 1 February 2017

Have you ever kicked yourself?

Today’s English
February 1st, 2017

Yesterday I went to talk to my principal.  But on the way, I was stopped by one of my colleagues who said that it was not advisable to meet her then.  He told me that the principal was in a black mood.
What does it mean? If somebody is annoyed, irritated, angry or depressed, we can say “he is in a black mood"

More examples:
1.He is always in a black mood. When can I talk to him?
2.Life is a fun.  Why are you in a black mood?

If somebody is angry, it is ok.  If you are angry with yourself?  If you are disappointed or frustrated or angry with yourself, then you generally kick yourself (feel frustrated). Nothing can be done in such a situation.  (You cannot kick anyone or the concerned person, can you?)

More instances:
1.Oh my god!  I forgot, yesterday is her birthday. I kicked myself.
2.She kicked herself for her mistakes in the exam.
3.Anything went wrong? Why are you kicking yourself?

(Those who often commit mistakes or forget something, would often kick themselves. What about you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment