Tuesday 28 February 2017

When do you whatsapp everyday?

Today’s English
March 1st, 2017

“Are you married?” questioned Miss. Question. “Yes. I husbanded once and fathered twice” answered Mr.Answer.

The way of using a noun as a verb is known as verbing.  Today it is a trend/fashion to verb, though it is common ever since Shakespeare's time.  Shakespeare loved to add “en” before noun to verb it.

Let me instance some:
1.“Within your mouth, you have enjailed my tongue.” (Richard II, 1.3.160)

2.“Do but encave yourself. (Iago to Othello,4.1.80)

3.“I’ll unhair they head" (Cleopatra in “Antony and Cleopatra”, Act II, Scene 5)

Nowadays technology  follows the same path and has verbed many nouns.  Let us instance more:

1.I facebooked my photo and got 50000 likes.

2.I couldn’t catch you online.  When do you generally whatsapp?

3.Our principal chaired/headed the meeting.

4.He messaged and phoned me but I used to email him.

5.You can friend or unfriend me on the Facebook that is left to you.

6.Recently I youtubed to watch some videos on Group Discussion.

7.Would you like to shop more?

8.Since many people crowded the street, we couldn’t park anywhere.

9.I handed the letter and important files  to my HOD.

10.There was no power and I fanned myself with the newspaper.

(Guy 1 : I was sandwiched between two fat ladies on the bus.
Guy 2: Did you heaven it or hell it?
Guy 1: Before chancing anything, I was jammed, squeezed and juiced.)

No comments:

Post a Comment