Thursday 2 February 2017

Have you ever thanked your lucky stars?

Today’s English
February 2nd, 2017

If you escape from an accident or any other misfortune, you can say, “thanks to my lucky stars".  The same phrase can be used when you want to be grateful for something or somebody you are having such as a govt job, possessive wife, and beautiful kids.

1.He thanked his lucky stars for his placement in a multinational company.

2.Just a few minutes before the fire accident, we were only there. Thanks to our lucky stars.

3.I got a nice guide for doing my PhD. Thanks to my lucky stars.

There are possibilities that you may find something or somebody very difficult to deal with.  Then you will have to consider them as “a headache" or “a bitter pill to swallow"

1.Whatever I say, my guide shows a red signal. He is really a bitter pill to swallow.

2.She is really a headache to me and I don’t know how to stay away from her.

3.Instead of teaching, I am doing all clerical work in my college.  You know, it’s a bitter pill to swallow.

( Is your spouse a bitter pill or a blessing in disguise?)

No comments:

Post a Comment