Friday 3 February 2017

Would you like to make a gentleman’s agreement?

Today’s English
February 3rd, 2017

Your friend or relative asks you for 10000 rupees and promises to return in a couple of days. Will you trust his words or ask for his signature? There are certain agreements which are neither written nor signed but understood out of trust.  Such an agreement is known as “a gentleman’s agreement.”

1.I made only a gentleman’s agreement with him as I like no formalities.

2.Members shouldn’t share irrelevant postings in a specific whatsapp group. Of course, it’s a gentleman’s agreement.

But you can’t make gentleman’s agreement with anyone who has no soul.  There are certain situations in which only written proof of something will cover you like an umbrella.  Then get everything “ in black and white".

1.He can’t cheat me. I have the contract in black and white. (=In writing properly signed as a proof)

2.Let me see the G.O. I won’t believe it if it is not in black and white.

( I’m sure, our group members are highly educated and they won’t indulge in unwanted postings. It’s a gentleman’s agreement, isn’t it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment