Saturday 27 May 2017

Do you know me and my family members?

Today’s English
May 28th, 2017

Brevity is the soul of wit. This is Shakespeare’s finding. Why should we waste more words while we can be economical with a single word?  This is true with one word substitutes.  Instead of saying that he always uses others' words and ideas as if they were his own, you can say that he is a plagiarist.  It’s play time. Try whether you can identify me and my Kith and kin?

1.My age is more than 100 years.  Who am I?

2.I killed my own mother. Who am I?

3.My father always thinks that a particular type of behaviour is correct and very important. He also expects others to behave in the same way. Who is my father?

4.My sister lives with more than one husband at the same time. Who is she?

5.My uncle never goes to TASMAC. He never drinks alcohol. Who is he?

6.My brother has a mental illness. Due to that he has an uncontrollable desire to steal things.  Who is he?

7.My brother-in-law misuses his power and gives unfair advantages to his friends and relatives. For example, he has given jobs to his undeserving relatives. Who is he?

8.My cousin dislikes learning, knowledge, reasoning, argument and discussion. Who is he?

9.My friend does not like literature, art and music. Who is he?

10. My grandson often cuts classes and doesn’t go to school. Who is he?

Answers:
1.Centenarian
2.Matricide
3.Stickler
4.Polyandry
5.Teetotaller
6.Kleptomaniac
7.Nepotist
8.Misologist
9.Philistine
10. Truant

No comments:

Post a Comment